First Magick Monday in I have had in no idea how long. Although, this was inspired due to a recent wine night with a good friend who had the usual pre jitters before an interview.
One of the major things I was thankful for when I was in college was we were required to take a resume and job interview course. I learned a lot of interview tips which landed me every non-massage related job I had over the years. Of course, that doesn’t mean I didn’t have a little bit of magick help when I did.
There are a ton of “land a job” spells out there, so I am not going into that part. I will repeat this advice, spells will not work if they are not given any direction. This means if you want the job, please send in the application or resume so your intention has a place to go.
A good place to start is to take some common sense approaches to the interview; mostly the usual dress for the part, direct eye contact, firm handshake, and asking the right questions. Now, for the magick you want to add.
- When dressing for the interview, keep in mind of your color scheme. My favorite combo I like to use is black, purple, and red, but I mainly use that for more office positions. Use your instincts and research the position.
- When giving direct eye contact, focus your intention on the interviewer.
- When in giving a handshake, use the hand you have an easier time pushing energy with.
- Got the jitters? Ground and center, plus focus on opening your throat and solar plexus centers. Stones in your pockets are an easy way to focus.
- Essential oils are another way to calm the nerves and keep focused; my favorite combo to use is lavender, rosemary , and tangerine.
- Also, drawing a sigil for mercury in the air for clear communication.
Most of these are very small, but effective ways to keep a clear mind and your intention focused on your cause. The main goal to keep in mind is to also let them know how you’ll play your part to help with the company as a whole. Please keep in mind this is to get your foot in the door, beyond that whether you plan to move forward to different positions is up to you.
Got magickal interview tips? Comment below!