- A workaholic
- Realizing my real feelings towards humanity
- A recluse
- Denying a lot of my spiritual instincts
- A control freak
- A hoarder
When you sit back and think, you really kick yourself because of the fact that you know better than that. Of course, being human you realize that there is nothing wrong with reconizing that you have become what you are. It’s step one of realizing parts of yourself you want to heal. Which is why as a healer it’s important to realize your shadow.
I am going to admit to myself that this year alone, my shadow side has been scaring me…a lot. When you are realizing parts of yourself that you hide because you’re so used to being viewed in a certain way that you come to the point where you cage those parts of yourself. Of course, all cages have a weak point which in time your inner beast will find a way to escape. Usually they’ll escape at the worst possible moments, moments when you can end up hurting the people you love without realizing it. Worst of all, you end up hurting yourself the most.
Of course when you take the time to recognize those parts of yourself, you alone have the power to let them continue to consume you or face them head on to embrace them. Like the list I wrote above, I can change it to these following affirmations;
- I am a hard worker with a very strong work ethic, which I will continue to do so I can provide a better future for myself and the people I love.
- I recognize that I’m not too thrilled with most of the human race, but I will continue to love unconditionally.
- I value my alone time and know when it’s time to withdraw and recharge.
- I have become a lot more open to logic, which in turn helps me think rationally but I should remember to still trust my intuition.
- The only person I control is myself and my thoughts and actions. Learn to know when it’s time to let go and move forward.
- I channel my ability to prepare and save by putting it towards saving money for my future.
- I need to take better care of my body and take the time to rest and listen.
It takes awhile to come and realize these changes, which is not something everyone is willing to do. Especially those who have hidden parts of themselves for so long that they feel they cannot be themselves except around certain people. My dear, when the time comes I hope you take the leap to embrace your shadow so in turn you can learn and heal from it.
Are you ready to take a walk with your dark side?